Friday, August 20, 2010

Step One: Check!

I got a new scale! Luckily, I have a great support system at home, and last night while on his way to pick up dinner my husband, Ryan, stopped to get me one. To my surprise I was about seven pounds lighter than I expected (after dinner). While this revelation made me feel a little bit better, mentally I still pulled a Kirstie Allie on the series premiere of Fat Actress. You know where she sinks to the ground and wails like my two year old when she doesn't get her way? Yes, I threw a mental temper tantrum. Might have even pictured tossing the digital glass scale against the wall, but alas, I got over it and told myself that today is a new day.

Now, when I say I have a great support system, I mean I have a husband who weighs 147 pounds that supports ME, the person and my decisions. He will speak words of encouragement and tell me the truth when I need to hear it, but... he isn't going to push me to get my butt off the couch and go to the gym. He isn't going to tell me no when I want Taco Bell (which is what I had for dinner last night). In fact, he told me, "I'm happy for you if you want to lose weight, but not too much. I like a little junk in the trunk" to which I replied, "chubby chaser" and went on my way. I'm certain he meant what he said, but I also know that it was his way of telling me he would be there for me no matter what I weighed as long as I was happy with myself.

Then there is my friend, Sarah. She made me feel a gazillion times better about what I was doing. She is the only friend I've told about this little venture thus far and was shocked when she could empathize. Much like myself, she has gained 80 pounds in the last year. I blame the internet. :) Anyways, so Miss Sarah and I are thinking about doing a weigh in blog, which I think is a fabulous idea. Another way for me to be held accountable - which I need. I will post the link HERE once it's opened.

Today was supposed to be day one of "the plan", but I forgot I was going out with some of the lovely ladies I've met online in the last year. We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Universal and it was FANTASTIC! Margaritas and Bourbon Mahi Mahi, I'm guessing won't be on my up and coming menu, but everyone has to splurge every now and then, right?

Anyhow, we'll see how tomorrow goes. I think WWOnline is the plan once again.


Last night's Cantina Taco's
They don't look that bad, but at 220 calories a piece... I think they were a one time deal.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, I am IN the blog!! *cheers* I am so happy that you're doing this and I am all about the weigh in blog!!! Let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete